Your support is critical to our success.
Kalanchoe beharensis Drake
Bull. Mus. Hist. Nat. (Paris) 9: 41 1903.
- Kalanchoe beharensis Drake
- Kalanchoe beharensis var. aureo-aeneus H.Jacobsen
- Kalanchoe beharensis var. subnuda H.Jacobsen
- Kalanchoe van-tieghemii Raym.-Hamet
- Kalanchoe beharensis cv. Roseleaf
- Kalanchoe beharensis cv. Fang
Description: Kalanchoe beharensis cv. Roseleaf (Kalanchoe 'Rose Leaf') is an older Hummel hybrid resulting of crossing Kalanchoe beharensis with Kalanchoe tomentosa. However, some recent attempts made to duplicate this cross have been unsuccessful.
This cultivar has stout stems that carry four ranks of triangular, cupped, pelted leaves,chocolate pink above, gray below.
Subspecies, varieties, forms and cultivars of plants belonging to the Kalanchoe beharensis group
- Kalanchoe beharensis Drake: large succulents shrub with soft, velvety, leaves. Under the right conditions it can attain the proportions of a small tree, reaching 3 m in height.
- Kalanchoe beharensis var. aureo-aeneus H.Jacobsen: Young plants have got very beautiful brown velvety leaves. Later leaves become practically grey.
- Kalanchoe beharensis var. subnuda H.Jacobsen: leaves lacking all hairs, smooth and plastic-like.
- Kalanchoe beharensis cv. Fang: has grotesque soft leaves covered with dense hairs and have many gnarly, fang-like protuberances on the undersides. These thorns are really just bunched up protrusions, so they are not sharp in any way.
- Kalanchoe beharensis cv. Roseleaf: has stout stems that carry four ranks of triangular, cupped, pelted leaves, chocolate pink above, gray below.
|Back to Kalanchoe index|
|Back to Crassulaceae index|
|Back to Succulents Encyclopedia index|