Your support is critical to our success.
Accepted Scientific Name: Rebutia grandiflora Backeb.
Kaktus-ABC [Backeb. & Knuth] 277, 416. 1936 [12 Feb 1936] Backeb., F.M.Knuth
Origin and Habitat: Salta (Argentina)
Type Locality: Chicoana, Quebrada de Escoipe
Subspecies, varieties, forms and cultivars of plants belonging to the Rebutia minuscula group
- Rebutia chrysacantha Backeb.: This name is applied to plants with stiffer spines, yellowish with brown tips, and with reddish-orange flowers.
- Rebutia chrysacantha var. elegans (Backeb.) Backeb.: has stiff whitish spines and reddish-orange flowers. The name is derived from the overall appearance of the variety, with elegant, neat, spines spirally arranged.
- Rebutia grandiflora Backeb.
- Rebutia minuscula K.Schum.: is a small clumping cactus species, widespread and extremely variable. Flowers orange-red to violet. Distribution: northern Argentina (Catamarca, Jujuy, Salta and Tucumán)
- Rebutia minuscula subs. edeltraudianae n.n.: has yellow-orange flowers (= Rebutia xanthocarpa). Distribution: Sierra Medina, Tucuman, Argentina.
- Rebutia minuscula f. kariusiana (Wessner) Donald: has pink-violet flowers and shows transitional characters between Rebutia minuscula subs. violaciflora and Rebutia wessneriana subs. beryllioides.
- Rebutia senilis Backeb.: has bristly, glassy, white spines up to 30 mm long that largely covers the stems and very showy orange or crimson blooms. Distribution: Salta, Argentina.
- Rebutia senilis var. iseliniana Krainz: has bright orange or orange-red (occasionally yellow) flowers and thinner spines, sometimes pure white, often with a yellowish cast.
- Rebutia senilis var. lilacino-rosea Backeb.: has pink-violet flowers that distinguishes it from other varieties of Rebutia senilis.
- Rebutia violaciflora Backeb.: has light-violet blossoms in the early spring. It is a selected colour strain.
- Rebutia violaciflora var. albispina hort.: has pink-violet flowers and glassy-white spines intermediate between the short, spines of Rebutia minuscula and the long spines of Rebutia senilis.
- Rebutia violaciflora var. carminea (Buining) Donald
- Rebutia xanthocarpa var. graciliflora Backeb. ex Šída
|Back to Setirebutia index|
|Back to Cactaceae index|
|Back to Cacti Encyclopedia index|