Your support is critical to our success.
- Raphionacme splendens Schltr.
Raphionacme splendens Schltr.
J. Bot. 33: 301 1895.
Raphionacme splendens subs. bingeri (A.Chev.) Venter
S. African J. Bot. 75: 337 2009.
- Raphionacme splendens subs. bingeri (A.Chev.) Venter
- Raphionacme bagshawei S.Moore
- Raphionacme daronii Berhaut
Subspecies, varieties, forms and cultivars of plants belonging to the Raphionacme splendens group
Raphionacme splendens Schltr. is the most widespread species of Raphionacme and comprises two subspecies: subsp. splendens and subsp. bingeri (A.Chev.) Venter.
- Raphionacme splendens Schltr.: (subsp. splendens) has erect herbaceous annual stems to 50 cm tall, distinctly thinner leaves ranging from linear to lanceolate and flowers that are conspicuously larger. Distribution: Chad, Ethiopia and Sudan south to Angola, Cameroon, Burundi, Rwanda, Sudan, Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Malawi, Mozambique, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
- Raphionacme splendens subs. bingeri (A.Chev.) Venter: has zigzag-shaped stems, distinctly broader leaves ranging from ovate to elliptic and flowers that are conspicuously smaller. Distribution: Senegal and Gambia east to southern Sudan and Uganda.
|Back to Raphionacme index|
|Back to Asclepiadaceae index|
|Back to Succulents Encyclopedia index|